Dropzone Commander - PHR (Part 2)

This post is all about PHR Immortals. These guys were painted last Christmas, but I didn't get a chance to write about them until now - timing is not so bad given the Dropzone Commander 2 Player Starter is just around the corner. After cleaning, I glued all the figures down to some plywood bases, and sprayed them black.



I used a very minimal colour palette consisting of Menoth White Base, Menoth White Highlight and Skull White for the armour. Chaos black was painted in the edges, and for the visors, I used Cygnar Blue Highlight, and highlited it by mixing in Skull White. Weapons were painted Lead Belcher and washed with Badab Black.


Here are some shots of the figures glued to the bases (sorry I didn't take any photos of them during painting - they were pretty quick to do and in the end I did them mostly in a single sitting).



I experimented with the bases, using Vallejo Sandy Paste to do the textures. They were painted with Bestial Brown, and gradually drybrushed up with Snakebite Leather, Bubonic Brown, Tyrant Skull, and Menoth White Highlight.



For flock, I used Silflor moss tufts. These are just the right size for 10mm scale grass.


Previous posts about my PHR project:

Comments

Popular Posts