Warlord Queek Headtaker

So here's part 2 of my Golden Demon entries.

I got Queek the same time I got Death Master Snikch. When Games Workshop opened in North Sydney near where I work, I decided I'd start a lunch time project. Eventually Queek became my Australian Golden Demon entry in the Warhammer Single category for 2010.


And the montage shot:


Here are a collection of WIP photos as I painted him slowly over a course of two months at Games Workshop during my lunch breaks. This is Queek out of the blister, there was a lot of bits to clean up and bend back into shape.



The basic figure assembled and pinned together. The back banner was left separate due to it's size and unwieldiness.



Undercoated black, and started doing the skin with Tallarn Flesh.



A bit more progress - the skin is basically done, with an Ogryn Flesh wash and highlighted with Tallarn Flesh and Bleached Bone. The red armour is painted with Mecharite Red.



From the front:


And the back:


A bit more work with the armour, highlighting it with Blood Red, Blazing Orange, and picking out the edges.


From the side:


Just seeing how he looked against a blue backdrop. You can see more work done on the non-armour bits such as the loincloth and the fur.


Mounted on my trusty green marble painting plinth:


Working up the metallics at this stage such as the gold bits:


These rats were cute but not fun to paint, as it was hard to pick out some of the details due to the casting, such as the little claws.

Comments

Ysambart said…
How did it go in the GD?
Andrew said…
Unfortunately he got knocked out at the NSW state finals.
cool man!!

Popular Posts