Copplestone Polar Adventurers

I always wanted to paint up some of the Copplestone High Adventure models, so a few months ago, I picked up a few models from the snow-themed packs. The ones you see here in this post are the Polar Adventurers.

I have mounted them on straight-edged 25mm round bases, rather than the usual slot base, just for a change, and to have a bit more surface area to work with for the snow. I built up the texture with Vallejo Sandy Paste - once they are done, I'll then add the snow on top using Jo Sonja Texture Paste and snow powder.
Here they are undercoated black. I have painted the faces with GW Tanned Flesh.
The faces were highlighted with P3 Midlund Flesh, and final highlights picked out with Vallejo Game Colour Pallid Flesh. They look a bit like special forces dudes with the black undercoat!

Next I did some airbrushing to basecoat the white and blue clothing. I figured I want them to be reminiscent of the Rebel troopers on Hoth.

And with an ink wash over them...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hero Quest Barbarian and Conan Boardgame Size Comparison

Reaper Bones: Kraken

Hero Quest: Barbarian Repair and Restoration (Part 1)